Monday, June 11, 2012

Bill in Baldy

The big news on Saturday was Bill riding triumphantly into Baldy Village. Sitting on the steps of the store by the Lodge I waved him in for a sit down in the cool shade of the overhang. We had our individual adventures getting there. Bill asked about the couple he had launched me with at the shed. I laughed. They were professional riders. I lasted 30 seconds max. He cooled his heels then a stop by the fire station sign before heading out of town. We stayed fairly close on the way back. I enjoyed the sights, sounds and smells of the rolling alpine section. It is the less traveled part of the road for me. I needed to drink it in. Remember the green and shade as the ride back has hot stretches of sun and no wind to cool. Parts of me complained about the lack of riding during the week. Those parts got a out tonight, the first Monday night ride in a long time. For Ray this was a Yahooie night.