Sunday, November 21, 2010

Window of Opportunity





A window of blue sky opened up on Sunday and I took it.

The road was mine. Three cars. One cyclist on the way up. Eight cyclists going up as I was headed down. More autos as well, one auto had snow on its roof. Must have come from Baldy Village or beyond as the snow line looked pretty high on the mountains. One lone motorcyclist. The road had a fair share of sand and silt from the rain on the road. The rock run truck scraped away only the largest of road debris.

Met Larry on a mountain bike at first saddle. He was sticking to the road as the Monroe trail would be muddy. His ambition was to ride to Baldy Village. Perhaps he would try on Friday after a heavy meal on Thanksgiving. I myself would wait for warmer weather.

The sunshine soaked into the body and my soul. It was the best ever to have warmth, sun and altitude. The sheer joy of riding twice a week put a smile on my face.

1 comment:

BicycleFriends said...

That's Great. Yesterday wasn't so bad and any opportunity to ride must be taken.