Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Rides

Bill had a great ride early in the day.


There are sometime days when one can leave work on time, the freeway is clear and one can get on the bike at the right time. Today was not one of those days. Patience was clearly the lesson of the day and knowing that if I was upset the only person I was hurting was me. Pull out all the life-gives-you-lemons-make-lemonade stories.

Somewhere I passed Wolfgang on his way down the mountain. The Monday night Leon group was also headed down. Do you get the feeling I started late? Met Frank, Tony and Matt headed down the mountain. Today was Frank's first foray up the hill. His determination took him to the top of Monroe! Tony kept Matt on his toes.

I did make it to the end of my time trial. Stopped at a small stone wall at mile marker 9.77 and headed right down. It was surprisingly light for a late cloudy evening. Every ride is a good ride.