Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Ride

Met interesting folks along GMR today. The first being Joe at the first saddle, who recognized me and praised my work. Then Jason and his crew on their way to Baldy Village. Bill who needed to feel a real mountain under his tires and Sean from Texas who started riding bikes when he was a teenager. He got to see Lance before he was famous.



Caught up with Brad at the shed who talked up a Three Harbors tour in July. His US Coast Guard kit and thirty years of service were good reminders for Memorial Day.



Pictured left to right: Lucas Brenes, Kevin Brenes, Doug Hall, Michael Shein and Jason Lupo. Two other juniors on the mountain today (not in the photo)... Nathan Rico and Jordan Hirschmann. These young Sho-Air Juniors had more energy that most cyclists. Their power to weight ratios were phenomenal. Professional riders in the making. As I passed out my website cards, I heard another voice of, "hey I know this website.!" Thank you!




Mandy of Adobovelo was on his way to the ski lifts a second day in a row. After a double lap of ski lifts on Saturday. Perhaps I need to acquaint you with the Sho-Air Juniors!

2 comments:

jshein said...

The Sho-air Juniors pictured are (from L to R): Lucas Brenes, Kevin Brenes, Doug Hall, Michael Shein and Jason Lupo. We also had two other juniors on the mountain today (not in the photo)... Nathan Rico and Jordan Hirschmann

I'm Jeff, the old guy in the back! I'm the Junior Team coordinator. GMR is one of our favorite climbing spots.

Visit our website at www.jrcycling.com

AdoboVelo Cyclist said...

Yeah Annette, I've seen Sho-Air riders (both men and women) at GMR. I can't keep up. I'm not strong at all. Just patient. I just keep on ticking.