Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday Ride

Ride was quiet. No riders passed me going up the hill the entire distance along Glendora Mountain Road to the top of Monroe. I pushed for my time trial trying to duck during the windier stretches. Recorded my second best time of year at 30:00 even. There were cyclists coming down the hill. More than enough autos and motorcycles.

With no one to inspire me, I rode a slower second half. Enjoyed the scenery. The water in the Little Dalton creek no longer burbled. The puddles slowly evaporating. I stopped at odd places to take photos of the brilliant yellow spanish broom.

Check out the flora of Glendora Mountain Road and Glendora Ridge Road. Stunning pictures.

On the way down, I tagged along behind Joan and Cathy from the First Saddle. We parted at Northridge and Live Oak.

No comments: