Thursday, May 8, 2014

My rides

Rode on Sunday morning early to beat the traffic. It was mostly a success. Quite surprised to see the pelotons of riders on the road.

Hooked up with Joan and Heather on Monday for a ride to Newmans. Much more fun when you chat with friends.

Wednesday was cloudy and I was about to skip out when I realized the Thursday schedule would be too late. I got out and rode. Ken caught me a mile and a half from the top. Great inspiration to pedal a bit faster. Thanks Ken.

Rarely do I see wildlife until it is staring me down in the middle of the road. I was amazed to see two does, one smaller one crossed the road and headed up the hillside. The larger one was staring at me from the opposite side of the road. "Cross, don't cross. What's that skinny thing on the wheels doing?" I read her mind. I made a complete stop as I wondered if deer were smarter than squirrels. She took the opportunity to bound across the road and with one magnificent six foot hop landed perfectly on p the hillside. From the seclusion of the brush, the does watched me and flapped their ears. I wanted a photo, but the noise of the velcro as I tried to get the equipment out sent them scurrying up into the deeper brush.

Everyone turned out happy and on their way. The endorphins were much needed on Thursday.


No comments: